Mens 3.8 Triathlon WetsuitGVN1-6
Mens 3.8 Triathlon WetsuitGVN1-6 Jump to full description
or make 4 interest-free payments of $195.00 AUD fortnightly with
Hassle-free 30-day returns policy
$15 flat rate shipping Australia-wide
Shop now, pay later on purchases over $99 under $1,000. Find out more
- Brand: Orca
- Product: Mens 3.8 Triathlon Wetsuit
- SKU: GVN1-6
- Our Price: $779.99
Orca Mens 3.8 Triathlon Wetsuit is a premium quality tri-wetsuit that prioritises buoyancy and performance in open water and boasts a combination of Yamamoto's 39 & 40 neoprenes - best suited to progressive swimmers. The key aspects to the 3.8 are all concerned with keeping you high in the water, therefore reducing resistance as you move through the water - because less of your body is in said water.
Typically increasing buoyancy means using thicker neoprene, as to increase the total cell-volume present in the suit, but this places more strain on your stroke as you're needing to elongate more rubber. However, Yamamoto's 39 and 40 neoprenes have very high cell-volume, making them super buoyant and incredibly flexible. In addition to using specialised neoprenes in certain panels, Orca have laid very thin 1.5mm neoprene in your stroke panels (shoulders, underarms and forearms) to mitigate any added strain on your stroke.
To reduce the chance of damaging your Orca 3.8 wetsuit when donning and doffing we strongly recommend the use of Wetsuit Lube as well making sure you never ever touch the smooth-skins with your nails - avoid grabbing your wetsuit with a fist, try to grab it without bending the final knuckle. This type of damage is easily discernible and is not covered under warranty, to repair please use Picasso Wetsuit Glue.
To increase longevity of optimum performance, we recommend washing your Orca Mens 3.8 Triathlon Wetsuit with Wetsuit Wash.
Orca Mens 3.8 Tri-Wetty - Progressive Swimming Style
The Orca Mens 3.8 is considered to be most suited to a progressive swim style, which is one of three styles Orca consider when developing wetsuits. It's common to think that, because of the buoyancy, these suits are suited to swimmers with an underdeveloped technique but we feel that buoyancy isn't a factor that only relates to skill but also relates to safety. If you find yourself in a strong current you're best to wait it out and to have buoyancy means you're being supported by the suit, not just your safety stroke or by treading water. This is a rare occurrence but if you're concerned we advise swimming with a specialised Personal Locator Beacon.
We have gone into detail on how they define these styles here. Orca have been world leaders in open water swimming and triathlon wetsuits for over 25 years and this experience has afforded them the anatomical understanding which they use to create a suit specifically designed for your swim style (learn more here).
Orca 3.8 Performance Scale
- Flexibility: 80%
- Buoyancy: 100%
- Hydrodynamics: 85%
Orca 3.8 Panel Parameters
The below image defines the type of linings/jerseys as well as the thickness and type of neoprene. We've gone into technical detail on these materials here.
Orca Mens 3.8 Triathlon Wetsuit Features
- Variable Thickness Yamamoto 39 & 40: Orca have laid neoprene in 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1.5mm thickness to optimise certain panels of the 3.8 for buoyancy, warmth and flexibility.
- Super Composite Skin SCS: Orca's SCS skin is a coated smooth-skin external lining with one main goal but an added bonus. Smooth-skin linings, such as SCS, are completely smooth and hydrophobic. Orca tout the coefficient of friction of SCS to be 99.35% less than a standard nylon lining. The added bonus is that the hydrophobic nature of this skin ensures the quickest possible drying time. One has to pay special attention to their fingernails when donning an SCS wetsuit as they make light work of a coated wetsuit.
- Infinity Skin: The Orca 3.8's internal lining is a complex weave of nylon and bamboo filaments as to place no further restrictions on stretch, simply because it's more stretchy than the external linings.
- HydroLite: This lining is employed around the calfs and forearms to ensure rapid transitions. This materials is more hardy as to deal with forcing your feet and hands through.
- Core Lateral Stabiliser: The idea with the CLS panel is two-faceted: firstly, it helps ensure good technique by limiting flexibility around the core. Your core has little contortion, because of your spine and rib-cage, you can happily lay a thick, lower-stretch but higher buoyancy neoprene around the torso. Secondly, being 5mm thick, this panel has immense buoyancy.
- Lined Collar: Minimises chaffing around the neck.
- Aerodome 2: Aerodome 2 is one of Orca's low-to-mid density panels, meaning more cell volume, therefore buoyancy, but also flexibility - as it's easier to stretch gas pockets than it is the surround rubber.
- ExoCell Neoprene: A low-density panel employed in the front panel of your legs to ensure a more horizontal trim, therefore less resistance.
Watch our video
We care about your satisfaction. That's why returns to Adreno are fast & easy! If you are dissatisfied with your purchase for any reason, you may return it to Adreno within 30 days of the purchase date, subject to the conditions and exclusions below:
Please read conditions below. If all conditions are not met, Adreno reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a minimum 15% restocking fee.
- All returned items must be in new condition, in their original unaltered box (including an intact PLU code) and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals and accessories. We can only refund or exchange products provided they haven't been used in the water and are undamaged.
- Adreno is not responsible for mis-handling of products or ill-treatment of goods.
- Adreno is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise.
- Adreno is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the use of any merchandise bought from us including lost or stolen equipment.
- Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within 7 business days of receipt of merchandise.
Final Sale & Non-returnable Items
- Purchases via our Tightass Tuesday promotion cannot be exchanged or refunded.
- Clearance product from our monthly “Timed Sales” are eligible for return or refund. Exchange as long as stock is available of same item.
- Special order merchandise or any item indicated on the website as non-returnable is as such.
Defective items may be repaired, exchanged or refunded at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model.
Returns & Exchanges
Securely pack all items that you would like to be returned and post mark via registered mail with tracking info as we are not liable for shipments which may go missing during transit. Please include the following with your package:
- Return must be accompanied RMA form (Click Here) and copy of original receipt or invoice.
- Detailed note as to the reasons of the return
- Instructions as to whether you would like a refund or an exchange
- All items must be returned in original/unused condition.
Unless an item is defective, if you would like an exchange, our standard freight charges apply, unless you provide a post parcel with your return.
Please allow 7-14 business days for mail-in exchanges to be processed.
Refunds & Credits
Once we receive and inspect your item(s), we will credit your account. Please allow up to 30 days for a credit to appear on your account from received date. In most cases, we will issue your refund in the same way you made the original purchase.
Purchases made via gift voucher will be refunded as a new gift voucher, they cannot be refunded as cash.
For Returns, Refunds or Exchanges please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on (07) 3895 8119.
Delivery & Shipping
We pride ourselves on fantastic customer service and our delivery & shipping service is no exception. With a large distribution centre in Brisbane, we look after over 5,000 orders per month ensuring that all our customers receive their orders in double quick time. And no matter how much you buy, shipping is just $10 across mainland Australia!
We know what it’s like when you have ordered something online, you want to start using it straight away!
That's why we offer optional same-day-dispatch when you purchase 'Jump the Queue' as long as we receive your order and payment before 2pm (QLD time, excluding weekends and public holidays). If the 'Jump the Queue' order is made after 2pm, it will be dispatched the next day.
We work hard to process your order as quickly as possible, however it can sometimes take a couple of days for your order to be shipped due to the high demand of orders coming through (especially during sale periods). Please allow a slightly longer delivery time for larger items which won't fit into a postage satchel, or delivery to regional areas.
Note: Due to changes in stock levels, to ensure your order gets to you in the quickest time possible, some orders may be split shipped from more than 1 location. This means your order may arrive in separate deliveries.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss your order further please feel free to call our friendly customer service representatives on (07) 3895 8119 or email us at email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
We offer our customers a 30 day returns policy, please go to our Returns Policy page for more information.
Please note that size charts do differ and so should be used as a guide only. If your item doesn’t fit, don’t worry we offer a 30/60 Returns Policy so you can simply return and exchange for the right size.
Once your order has been received we aim to dispatch for delivery within 2-6 business days (excluding weekends) to major cities within Australia. New Zealand deliveries may take longer. We are unable to give an accurate delivery time estimation as it will vary depending on whether you live in a major city or in a remote location.
Deliveries to offshore territories can take up to several weeks to arrive.
For delivery within Australia we use Australia Post or StarTrack. Deliveries cannot be made on public holidays.
$10 flat rate shipping to mainland Australia. No strings attached, no surcharges, no more to pay! Order anytime and AS MUCH AS YOU WANT for just $10.
- Insurance = an extra $2, Australia wide shipping insurance so you don't need to worry about your order going missing in the post.
- Jump the Queue + Insurance = an extra $5 (Does not guarantee next day delivery, standard shipping times apply)
Our New Zealand customers pay a flat rate of $30, and get complimentary Jump the Queue and Insurance.
Please note these prices are based on delivering to mainland Australia. Offshore islands and territories of Australia and New Zealand may incur additional postage costs, in which case our Customer Service team will contact you.
Please contact customs or your local postal service as your order may be delayed for inspection or duties/taxes may apply which are not paid for by Wetsuit Warehouse. This is applicable to all International shipping methods.
Within Australia, prices are inclusive of Australian GST, however, depending on which country you live in, there may be additional taxes or import duties imposed at the receivers end. Wetsuit Warehouse is not liable for these charges and it is up to the customer to liaise with Customs regarding their delivery.
In Australia there will be no additional costs.
We deliver to all states and territories of Australia and New Zealand.
Offshore islands and territories of Australia and New Zealand may incur additional postage costs, in which case our Customer Service team will contact you.
If you have any further questions about this please do not hesitate to call one of our friendly customer service representatives (07) 3895 8119.
Our dispatch team operate from Monday to Friday and therefore any orders from the weekend will be shipped as soon as possible on our return to work the following Monday depending on volume of orders.
If you would like to guarantee your items are dispatched as soon as possible, there is an option during the online checkout process to select ‘Jump the Queue’ for a small additional fee.
If your order has not been processed by our team then we are able to cancel the order however, please make sure you call us as soon as possible on (07) 3895 8119 and quote your order reference.
Unfortunately if your order has already processed then we will be unable to cancel it however, we do offer a 30/60 returns policy.
Not a problem, as long as your items haven’t been shipped then we can easily change your details on our systems. Please call us as soon as possible, quoting your order reference on (07) 3895 8119.
When you place your order, you will be given an option to purchase 'Jump the Queue' for an additional $5. If we receive your 'Jump the Queue' order and payment before 2pm QLD time, your order will be dispatched the same day (excluding weekends and public holidays). If the 'Jump the Queue' order is made after 2pm, it will be dispatched the next day.
Unfortunately we are unable to offer same day delivery. There is a ‘Jump the Queue’ option for an additional $5 where if we receive your 'Jump the Queue' order and payment before 2pm QLD time, your order will be dispatched the same day (excluding weekends and public holidays). If the 'Jump the Queue' order is made after 2pm, it will be dispatched the next day. To arrange this just tick the relevant box during the online order system or call us to place your order over the phone on (07) 3391 2299.
All 'Jump the Queue' orders are also covered by Australia wide shipping insurance so you don't need to worry about your order going missing in the post. This insurance covers you against loss or damage that may be incurred during the shipping process.
You can pay by either PayPal, Credit Card or After Pay at the online checkout.
When purchasing from Wetsuit Warehouse your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology. 128-bit SSL encryption is the industry standard.
We will try our very best in order to change your order as long as your items have not been dispatched already. Please call us as soon as possible on (07) 3895 8119 quoting your order reference number and our customer service team will be able to assist you.
Our commitment to you is second to none, we understand the importance of knowing where and when you might receive your order. We are currently upgrading our systems to provide a customer login to view order status, however in the meantime if you would like to track your order, please call our Customer Service team on (07) 3895 8119 to get a delivery tracking number.
Yes...simply select the "In-Store Pickup" option when checking out if you'd like to collect your order from our warehouse in Brisbane. Full payment is required in order to secure your items as we will not hold anything without payment being received. Items may not be ready for immediate pick up so please wait for an email to confirm your order is ready before coming down to the store.
Store Pickup lets you avoid shipping charges and pick up your order in our store at 54 Deshon Street, Woolloongabba, Brisbane 4102.
Here's how it works:
- During checkout, choose Store Pickup for shipping option.
- Place your order and wait to receive a "Ready for pickup" e-mail. (This is a separate e-mail from your order confirmation e-mail.)
- Bring your ID, credit card, and order number to the store and pick up your items.
- We'll hold your items at the store for 14 days.
Bring to the store:
- Your photo ID.
- Your order number.
- Purchases over $500, the credit card used for the purchase must be presented at point of collection by the card holder.
At the store:
- Our store have reserved parking spaces for Store Pickup. They're right up front.
- Inside, look for the Store Pickup sign. Or ask the associate at the door to point you in the right direction.
Who Can Pick Up Your Order
You can pick up your order yourself or choose someone else to pick it up (Friends & Family Pickup). Your pickup person will need to show his/her ID and the order number at the store. For orders over $500 the buyer must collect the goods in person along with the credit card used to purchase or copy of the PayPal transaction confirmation email.
Some items may not be immediately available for pickup from our store. Items not in stock usually arrive at the store within 3 to 7 business days. We'll send you an email when your items are ready for pickup.
A Few More Things to Know
- There's no charge for Store Pickup.
- Products may be larger than expected due to their packaging. Please keep this in mind when considering what vehicle you use to pick up your order.
- Allow extra time to pick up.
Changing or Canceling Store Pickup
- To change or cancel a store pickup order, call us at (07) 3895 8119.
- To switch from shipping to store pickup, call within one hour of placing your order.
- To switch from store pickup to shipping, call any time.
- If you're calling to cancel a store pickup order, please have your credit card information handy.
- Note that not all items are available for both store pickup and shipping.